Deep knowledge of the territory, the Tornatore family began the wine business in 1865. The vineyards, located in the municipality of Castiglione di Sicilia in numerous districts such as Crasà, Pietrarizzo, Malpasso, Pietramarina, Torre Guarino, Carranco and Trimarchisa, at an altitude ranging from 550 to 700 m above sea level, constitute today the largest vineyard of Etna DOC in the production area. The vines present are the native Sicilian ones, namely Nerello Mascalese and NerelloCappuccio, red berried, and Carricante and Catarratto, white berried. Recently the vineyards have been restructured to improve quality standards and keep the link with the territory and winemaking traditions as much as possible (high plant density, strictly indigenous variety choice). Particular attention, however, was given, where possible, to the mechanization of the vineyards. A high number of vines per hectare was maintained (about 6,000) and the single cordon training system with 3/4 spurs was chosen. The harvest and selection of the grapes is manual. Aging takes place in oak barrels in an underground and isolated environment thanks to Etna basalt blocks that line the walls and floor of the barrel cellar.